FAMILY VALUES IN ISLAM
The cornerstone of a Muslim Community is a Momen Muslim Family. To save Muslim Families in America, the following is recommended:
- Do not separate from the Muslim Community. Stay with other Momen Muslim families and come to Juma prayer. Belong to an Islamic Center.
- Teach your children the mother tongue and the Islamic phrases, "Asalam Alaykom, In Sha Allah? Masha Allah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar."."
- Be a role model for your children. Do not smoke, do not drink alcohol. Do not pay or receive reba,, be modest. Do your Ebadat. Your family will follow you.
- Teach the Holy Quran to your children, this is the book of guidance. Read 1-2 pages every night after the family dinner when you are all together.
- Emerse yourself and your family in worshipping. God will direct you and your family to the straight path and you will be successful.
- Keep family unity. Do things together, go to Islamic events together, to Juma prayer, to Islamic Center picnics. Let your children grow up with other Muslim children and Momen Muslim Families.
- Keep your family busy with Islamic events. A busy family is a happy family. If you do not keep your family busy, they will go to other functions that may be directed by Shaytan with drinking, smoking, drugs and sexual misconduct.
- Always admire your children when they do the right thing. Do not use double standard when you treat your boys and girls. When you say NO dating, that is for BOTH boys and girls. Both boys and girls have to be home by 6:00 p.m. No pre-martial sex for both boys and girls. The same rules apply for dress code, hairstyle and modesty for both boys and girls.
- Emphasize excellence in the family no matter what you do. You should be the best in everything. The best parents, the best student, the best doctors, the best lawyers, the best plumbers, etc. should come out of our Muslim Community.
- Send your children to Islamic schools. They are the best, academically and spiritually. Make sure the school is teaching them the right thing. Sex education is not necessary in school if the teaching is mostly sexual stimulation. Know your children's friends, then you would know your children better.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.