When you participate in an Islamic event in America, the following guidelines may be helpful in keeping proper respect for our religion.
1. Follow proper Islamic dress code using long sleeve blouses and long skirts below the knee. Keep head covered, scarf is recommended.
2. Tight shirts or skirts, see-through material or short pants are not allowed. Long, loose dress pants is prefered.. Long overall coat is recommended.
3. Greeting: Between 2 sisters, handshake is recommended, embracing is allowed. Handshake between a female and male is not recommended. Embracing between man and woman is not allowed.
4.Seating: Separate seating is recommended for females and males, even on the same table.
5. Conversation:: Loud talking or laughing is not recommenced for males or females.. Bad jokes are not allowed.
6. Make-Up: For females,, natural make-up is allowed. Heavy and loud make-up are not recommended.
7. As a Muslim woman, you are a role model for our youth. Please take your role seriously.
You should always look like a pious lady
1. Dress Code: Long sleeve shirt, long pants is recommended Short pants are not allowed. Shirt buttons should be closed. Tight clothing, silk and gold are not recommended.
2. Greeting: Shaking hands between two males is recommended. Embracing between two males is allowed. Shaking hands with females are not recommended. Embracing between male an females is not allowed.
3. Smoking is Haram and not recommended.
4. Drinking alcoholic beverages are Haraam and not allowed.
5. As a Muslim man you are a role model for our youth. Please take your role seriously.
You should always look like a pious gentleman